Belly shots!! Next step for infertility..

Last update I told you all I was having a hysteroscopy, D&C and polypectomy done. Well, I did have that done the day before Thanksgiving.

The procedure itself was pretty easy. I was under anesthesia so I didn't feel anything lol. When I woke up Adam was laughing at me and the nurse said I was hilarious.... Once again I wake up from anesthesia to be told I was hilarious.. What do I say while under this truth juice?! Lol I would love to know. 


Anyway- the recovery was quick and easy. I was a zombie the day of the procedure but the next day I was feeling pretty good. Minimal pain, still groggy but able to actually stay awake lol 


I even managed to make it out Black Friday shopping! Granted, I think I pushed too much as you can easily read in my eye bags lol but ya live ya learn. 

Anyways- I know procedure itself is not what you're reading this for. 
What did the procedure find?

- scar tissue. Which was removed and classified and non endometriosis tissue. Which is great! 

- polyps. Removed and biopsy came back as totally benign.

-tissue mass- whatever that means. Basically I had an odd area of a mass of tissues right near the opening to one of my tubes. (The really thick area on my HSG test was this spot)

I do have the pictures but I'll spare you that haha

All in all- every sample came back as carcinoma free! So long term- there are no more foreseen issues there! 

What all this means- well basically all of the things that were preventing implantation in my uterus have been removed and cleaned out. As Adam so delicately phrased it, I am "show room new" 😒😂 lol. 
Now that we have a clean canvas to work with (doctors phrasing. Aren't they great with this? Haha) we will be starting injectables! 


Injectables are daily shots in the stomach. I will be taking Gonal-F. Which is a shot of the FSH hormone (follicle stimulating hormone) they will take a base line blood work on CD1 to determine my dosage. Then on CD3 I will begin injections. Around CD7 they will do an ultrasound to check my development and determine if my injections dosage needs changed. Then I will continue injections until around CD 13 where they do another ultrasound to check for mature follicles. As long as I have at least one mature but not too many (they don't want me to overstimulate. If I do, they will likely cancel the cycle) I will take the trigger shot (same one I took before) and then I will also start back on progesterone for the 2nd half of the cycle. 

I got extremely lucky. This protocol costs about $2,000 at my clinic. In a rare occurrence for the infertility world, my insurance is covering this for me. Which means my out of pocket will only be about $170 after injectables, trigger shot and ultrasound co pays. That's HUGE!! This does not happen often at all! So I am very thankful for this!

I also have been started on a supplement regimens to help egg quality and uterine health. 
What you see here:
💠Prenatal vitamin 
💠Biotin (recommended by regular endocrinologist who treats my thyroid)
💠800mgs COQ10
💠500mgs Maca
💠fish oil supplement 
How do I feel about taking all of these?
About the same way I feel about that rogue string of hair in my face lol

Look, I know this takes away the natural side to this process but that really doesn't make a difference for us. There's no candle lit dinner and rose petal trails. Just a bruised sore belly and sterile medical equipment. Which we can laugh about and are willing to do. Because I know in 10 years, if we never have another child, I'll be able to have the peace of knowing we did everything we could have done. If we just give up on treatments in 10 years, I know I will be filled with regret never knowing. Having that "what if those treatments had worked?" Question on my mind. This way, we will know. And we will be able to have that peace of knowing. Having that peace is worth the sacrifice for us.  


While we are excited to get the ball rolling  we have decided (well, mostly me😁) for sanity and letting my body rest reasons to wait a cycle before starting. So here's hoping after the time off we will have some luck! 


Fingers crossed!!



Comments

  1. Good luck sweetie!! I will continue to pray for success for you and your family as you continue to make this expansion happen. The only failure in life is giving up and I can't imagine how much this process has drained you but I am so happy that you are continuing your journey. I wish you the best of luck in the world and will keep you in every prayer. No one could possibly deserve it more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck sweetie!! I will continue to pray for success for you and your family as you continue to make this expansion happen. The only failure in life is giving up and I can't imagine how much this process has drained you but I am so happy that you are continuing your journey. I wish you the best of luck in the world and will keep you in every prayer. No one could possibly deserve it more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you and Adam! I know it isn't easy but I am proud of you for sticking with it and I enjoy keeping up with your journey. Thank you for sharing with us

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you and Adam! I know it isn't easy but I am proud of you for sticking with it and I enjoy keeping up with your journey. Thank you for sharing with us

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Clean 21 Day Fix Veggie Dip!

Juicing and the 21 Day Fix!

3 Day Shakeology Cleanse