Cycle 1 fertility treatments- results

As many of you know, this was our first cycle of fertility treatments. It was an interesting, unique and hard experience all rolled into one.

We were put on the cycle of femara, following an ultrasound to check for follicles, a trigger shot and progesterone supplements. 

Good news from the cycle- I responded well to the femara. I produced 3 follicles however, only 1 was mature enough. Hey, it only takes 1 right? 
Everything else looked great so, we were able to move forward with the trigger shot! This is where we ran into the first bit annoyance. Insurance and fertility treatments, well it's a joke. So, I had a bit of sticker shock getting my prescriptions from the pharmacy

Oh well, insurance wasn't going to stop us from moving forward! The same night as the ultrasound, I gave myself the trigger shot. A shot into my stomach. Which didn't hurt at all, the anticipation of giving myself a shot was worse than the shot itself lol
Savannah was very interested in this shot and she was sure to give me a bandaid after I did it.

The next day I had a positive HCG test which was good news. It meant the shot was working and in my system

3 nights after the shot I started the progesterone supplements. The progesterone is where all the side effects for me came in! Awful nausea, headaches which quickly turned to migraines, serious exhaustion, awful cramping .. Which struck me as funny bc I expected this to be least of them all to cause side effects! Oh well.

Less than a week after my trigger shot I got a negative HCG which was also good, meant the shot was out of my system 

Unfortunately, this wasn't the last negative test I would see this cycle. Test day came and as I had suspected (off how I had been feeling) it was negative. It was not a successful cycle. I didn't get pregnant this round. 

Heartbroken? You betcha! I cried. I was angry, frustrated, sad.. It was a hard blow because we were so hopeful! 
However, I was also realistic. I knew the stats and I knew how unlikely it is to conceive your first round. 

So, picking ourselves back up, dusting off and heading into round 2! Same game plan for round. Let's hope for a different outcome this time! 



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Clean 21 Day Fix Veggie Dip!

Juicing and the 21 Day Fix!

3 Day Shakeology Cleanse