Yes, I am still a beachbody coach. Yes, I still workout. Yes, I do struggle with consistency


I have been pretty quiet in the fitness department for well.. since I got pregnant. No, I didn't use pregnancy as an excuse to drop my fitness regimen. Due to pregnancy complications, I was medically advised not to. My pregnancy started out with spotting from the get go, the day after my first BETA draw to exact. I ended up at the ER with a threatened miscarriage around 7 weeks. I was put on activity restriction and pelvic rest from 4 weeks to 10 weeks along. I was fully cleared at 10 weeks to resume normal activity. 

Heres where the problems come in. Frankly- After everything it took to get pregnant, a pregnancy loss before this and for this pregnancy to start out as a threatened miscarriage I let my fear overcome me. I allowed myself to become paralyzed by fear to attempt resuming normal activity.  While I have managed to maintain my weight and not gained anything yet, I do not feel strong and healthy like I used to.  I miss that feeling. Here I am, sitting at 17 weeks pregnant and I have decided I am ready to let it all go. 

Where to start after so long off the wagon?!
With simple exercise and simple nutrition of course! Do not worry, I am not going to do any restricting in terms of calories. Keeping my calories at a healthy amount for the baby but also being sure I am eating balanced. Which lets face it, Ive been carbing out a little too much.  So, this is where it starts again. 

This is where I reclaim myself and take what little control of my body ( the sacrifice is more than worth it!) I still have! It will benefit my body and health but it will also benefit our sweet babys!
I try my best to keep my heart rate in the 140s but my heart rate is naturally higher than most. So my heart rate monitor will be a God send because I can monitor it and if it gets too high, I will stop for a breather to get back in a zone thats safer for pregnancy. 

Anyone else want to join me?!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Clean 21 Day Fix Veggie Dip!

Juicing and the 21 Day Fix!

3 Day Shakeology Cleanse