Photo Series Introduction! First up- Motherhood


I've been feeling a shift needed in my photography. I love capturing special moments for families to cherish for years to come! I've always been feeling like I was lacking something though but, couldn't put my finger on it.


Could I use my photography in other ways than only capturing memories and fun images? Then I realized, photography is telling a story through photographs. What about behind the scenes stories, the stories the camera doesn't capture?

I decided that's exactly what I wanted to start doing! Feature the stories the camera doesn't see. Learn the stories behind the pretty smiles. I have several series planned in the works but, I have decided on my first series!

In honor of Mother's Day coming up, I have decided to feature moms from all walks of life and feature their amazing stories as my first photo series. The hardest most amazing job there is!

I see so many fights on social media over parenting methods. So much so the term "mommy wars" is widely known and sadly, a very real thing! Making an already hard job, harder. Judgement around every corner over every decision you make. It's time we end this! As time goes by, each generation of moms faces harder and more challenging obstacles than the generations before us. The last thing we need to add to that is mom's arguing over goldfish or celery sticks.

So, the purpose of this series is show moms of all walks. Motherhood looks different for everyone! We all face our own unique challenges on this journey. However, you'll find no matter how different our stories are, we all have one major common ground. It's that we are just moms, doing the absolute best we can and hoping our children turn out happy, healthy and well equipped for adult life.

What can you expect from this series? Well the obvious, adorable pictures of beautiful mommas and their beautiful babies!

You'll also be getting a glimpse into the daily struggles of motherhood. You'll get some hard hitting and heavy stories but you'll also get some light hearted fun (it's a mom series- poop stories are just part of the job lol)

A special glimpse into the lives of 15 amazing moms! Stay tuned!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Clean 21 Day Fix Veggie Dip!

Juicing and the 21 Day Fix!

3 Day Shakeology Cleanse