Home made conditioner and deodorant

Yep, I have taken it to a whole new level!

We were doing our usual wholesale shopping and I walked passed a huge 36 oz tub of organic non GMO coconut oil, for $10. I mean, how could I resist that? I couldn't. In the cart it went and straight to google I went lol. 

Admittedly, I am not a huge coconut fan. Taste wise that is. I don't cook with it much because I'm not a huge fan of the flavor. I do however love the smell! Not much smells better than some coconut hair products during the summer time! 

So I found a home made conditioner recipe and went to town! My personal review on it- smells great and does make your hair soft. Cons- it's watery. So I used a lot to saturate my hair good. My end opinion, makes a much better leave in conditioner than a shower conditioner (does that make sense?)

Recipe-

1 Can of Coconut Milk
1 TBSP Honey
1 TBSP Coconut Oil

Mix all ingredients together and VIOLA

Edible conditioner! lol I put it in an old conditioner bottle to store.

Home made Deodorant is next on the list.

Recipe-


1/2 Cup Baking Soda
1/2 Cup Corn Starch
2/3 Cup melted Coconut Oil

Melt oil and mix all ingredients together. Put in a sealed container, like a mason jar. Set in the fridge for 2 hours. To use scrap out a dime sized amount, hold in hands for a few seconds to soften it then rub on. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Clean 21 Day Fix Veggie Dip!

Juicing and the 21 Day Fix!

3 Day Shakeology Cleanse