Vegan Update

Well, I am not one to hide the truth or sugar coat so I will just come out and say it.
I failed! 
So far that is. 

Vegan for us is a work in progress. Cold turkey was harder than planned for many reasons. One being preparation. Since we have been having all the unpleasants going on in our lives (read previous posts for details) meal planning and prepping has not been happening like it should. So, our first step is to get back to proper meal planning. Once we get that back down, we will alter the menu towards total vegan. 

Things we have already cut out:
Cows/animal Milk
Cheese 
Butter 
Meat cut from all but 1 meal a day 

Biggest struggles:
Eggs - I'm a huge hard boiled egg eater. I generally eat 2 a day so it's been hard cutting that. 

Dinner- dinner is the only meal a day we are all together to eat so, we could a good dinner. I am a big freezer crock pot meal gal. It's easy, delicious and an easy way to keep on track while saving money.  Many vegan recipes are not freezer crock pot friendly. So that's an adjustment I am failing at. Any of you have any great vegan crock pot meals please share!

As I always tell my challengers. It's about progress not perfection. Just goes to show I too struggle with diet changes and keeping on track sometimes! I am human ;) I keep striving for progress none the less!

The problem I have found with many vegan alternatives is they simply don't fall under clean eating guidelines. Many alternatives contain soy, chemicals and artificial ingredients. It's going to be a struggle to stay true to vegan eating and clean eating. I want to give my body the cleanest form of fuel while not hurting the bodies of others (oink, moo, peep, gobble, bah, nay, etc). Any vegans out there following clean eating as well please email me!! I would love to hear your tips! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Clean 21 Day Fix Veggie Dip!

Juicing and the 21 Day Fix!

3 Day Shakeology Cleanse