Fertility Treatment Round 1


I know haven't really said much about this subject. I wanted to wait until I was seen by the fertility clinic and we had the options laid out and a plan of action! Then of course the wait to see if we even needed to put that plan to action.

Well, unfortunately we do.
Nice play on words ehh?

Today, starts my first round. Our first plan of action is starting with a few cycles of Femara with cycle day ultrasounds to monitor ovulation then i will be having a trigger shot done if eggs are a go! They will be monitoring my progesterone levels closely because they believe, given my thyroid history that reason behind everything is my body doesn't produce enough progesterone on its own. 

A more in depth explanation for those who want to know- those who don't just skip on down to the next paragraph ;) lol. Ok, I will take femara days 3-7 of my cycle. I'll take 2 pills at night before bed. On day 12 I will go in to have an ultrasound done to check follicles. What we are looking for with the ultra sound is to make sure I have at least one (preferably more but not more than 3 or 4) mature egg measuring at least 16mm. If all looks good, they will give me a trigger shot. The trigger shot (ovadril) will then induce ovulation. With this trigger shot, I won't be able to do early pregnancy testing because the shot can give a false positive for so many days after getting it. So it will have to be the same good ol fashioned 2 week wait after that to find out if it was a successful cycle. 
In case you needed a visual.. heres one my doctor drew for me LOL!

Clever

I am feeling hopeful that this is accurate and my infertility will be an "easy fix" (by easy I mean a progesterone specific problem that can be fixed by a supplement). If this doesn't work after a couple cycles it will be on to the HSG tests and other routes such as IUIs. 
Lets Do this!

If you could please keep your fingers and toes crossed for us! And if you have a chance, maybe a prayer or 2! We are ready for this over 3 year battle to be done and beat! 

We have kept the 2 H's a priority throughout this. Humor and hope! Without BOTH, infertility could tear you apart. 

While this is an easy step in the right direction, it has always been a step we never wanted to take. We just never expected to be in this situation to begin with so this is all such new territory for us. It seems like there was a lot of feet dragging on getting to the next step but, we are finally here! Taking that step of faith and hoping for the best!
perfection

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Clean 21 Day Fix Veggie Dip!

Juicing and the 21 Day Fix!

3 Day Shakeology Cleanse