Black Bean Brownies



I know you have seen it all over Pinterest and thought "hmm, I'm curious about those but I don't know" well folks, I am your test dummy!

If you read my last post- you know about my fertility issues. So, I am really cracking down on avoiding foods that affect fertility. One of the culprits- white refined carbs. Meaning- baked goods. But everyone needs a little dessert right?! 

Just so happens one of the recommended fertility boosting foods- beans! So here we go, the perfect idea to get the beans in without the white refined dangers. 

Feeling a bit lazy today (let's me real!) I didn't want to go to the store so I searched around for a recipe that only needed what I had on hand lol. So I took a little of this and a little of that from the different recipes I read. 

Here is what I came up- 
💠1 can organic black beans- drained and rinsed 
💠2 eggs 
💠1/2 cup raw sugar 
💠2 tbsp honey 
💠1 tsp coffee 
💠3/4 unsweet cocoa powder 
💠1 tsp butter extract 
💠1 1/2 tsp baking soda 
💠2 TBSP coconut oil (melted)

Blended all ingredients until completely smooth. For Savannah- stirred in some chocolate chip. Then poured into a cupcake pan. Topped with some more chocolate chips and walnuts. Baked at 350 for 20 minutes. 
Came out very cake-y! Which was awesome!! 

Thoughts- I cannot taste black bean what so ever!
However- these are very rich and don't have that overly sweet taste regular brownies may have. Which I didn't mind bc I am trying to work towards eliminating sugar from my diet. But, if you are not one who likes that- I recommend adding in more sweetener. Sugar, honey, or even a banana to sweetened it up some more! 

21 day fix breakdown-
1 yellow
2 tsp 
If using walnuts also- blue 

Let me know what variations you all used!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Clean 21 Day Fix Veggie Dip!

Juicing and the 21 Day Fix!

3 Day Shakeology Cleanse