Fried "rice" recipe!


What?! A gluten free, vegan/vegetarian, clean low calorie fried rice?! That exists? Yep! But, not how you expected it!

Well, that cauliflower bandit has struck again!

Trust me, I put up a fight about using cauliflower as a substitute too. I get the hesitation but, believe me! This stuff is a magical vegetable that can be turned into so many favorite foods! 

I have used it to substitute mashed potatoes (amazing), I have used it to make a pizza crust (again, amazing), just roasted to make a fabulous snack. Now, I'm using it as a rice substitute! 

We love hibachi fried rice. The things is, fried rice doesn't love my waistline 😳 so, it was time to find a substitute! 

I introduce you to fried Riced cauliflower! Just as a comparison here:

Serving of regular fried rice: 330 calories
Fried Riced cauliflower: 150! (Less if you don't use egg)

In case you don't want to take my word for it, my husband and 4 year old LOVED it! The same man who won't go near cauliflower on his own truly loved this recipe! So, what it is? 

What you'll need:
1/2 head cauliflower 
1 TBSP olive oil
1/2 chopped onion
1 cup veggie mix (I used frozen)
Garlic powder 
Black pepper 
2 eggs (to keep vegan, omit eggs)
Soy sauce (or, for healthier option use liquid Aminos)

Break the cauliflower into small pieces and chop in food processor until it is a rice consistency. If you don't have a food processor, you can use a cheese grater to grate the cauliflower. 

Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a pan (wok if you have one. I don't, so I used a pan lol). 
Add in Riced cauliflower and cook until slightly golden/brown. Add in the veggies, onion, soy sauce, pepper and garlic powder. (I didn't use an exact amount of either spice or soy sauce, I just seasoned to taste). Cook until veggies are softened. If keeping it vegan, you're done! Put in a bowl and enjoy! If you want the egg, create an opening in the of the pan by pushing the rice around the edges of the pan. Crack eggs in the opening and cook to a scrambled consistency. Then stir rice and egg together (once the egg is fully cooked). 

Enjoy!

Tell me what you think of it! Did you like it? Did you even know you were eating cauliflower!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Clean 21 Day Fix Veggie Dip!

Juicing and the 21 Day Fix!

3 Day Shakeology Cleanse