Bed rest again? Quick pregnancy update

That's right. For the 3rd time I am back on pregnancy restriction. This time though it's not just pelvic rest/activity restriction. It's modified bed rest. What's that?

Basically it means I'm house bound. I can't walk, I can't shop, I can't be overly active. I'm allowed to get out of bed, shower, do some light house work etc but that's it. Why?

Blood pressure! Yep. I have never once in my life had a problem with blood pressure. It's been perfectly fine all pregnancy until 2 weeks when it spiked up into the 150s and has stayed there. After ruling out pre-eclampsia (at least once. They tested me again and I haven't got those results back yet) they've pretty much decided on gestational hypertension. Which means modified bed rest, bi weekly NSTs, and likely getting induced around 38 weeks (which is less than 2 weeks away!!)

On the brighter side- I have been cleared from the high risk doctor with any problems related to the baby and my placenta! So, while I may be on bed rest and having a few issues the baby is perfectly fine and that's all that matters. 

I am currently 36 weeks 5 days pregnant. Big ol belly and so anxious to meet this fella! It's been a harder pregnancy than my pregnancy with Savannah. But I fully appreciate everything this pregnancy brings me! 

The sleepless nights, the heartburn from you know where lol, the swelling, the serious pains are all brushed aside when I feel this sweet little (or should I say big. He was measuring 5lbs14oz at our last check, weeks ago lol) guy move! My whole stomach does that predator like movement lol. He's a mover and shaker but also a heavy sleeper. Every ultrasound and NST it takes him forever to wake up. Must take after his daddy 😏

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Clean 21 Day Fix Veggie Dip!

Juicing and the 21 Day Fix!

3 Day Shakeology Cleanse