Saying goodbye to the Only Child days



This may sound incredibly insane given everything we went through to get pregnant. The long heart wrenching journey that a lot of people would have given up on we kept torturing ourselves through it. So, to say part of me is really sad probably doesn't make any sense. So, let me explain. 

That positive test, these kicks in my belly and being weeks away from meeting this little guy all tell me our family is about to grow and our love is about to get even bigger, it's also telling me our time with an only child is limited. 
We have been a little trio for so long, knowing it's about to change is a little hard to imagine! Savannah has been our one and only light for 6 1/2 years now! Sharing that spotlight makes me feel a little guilty her whole life is about to change forever. 

I would say the majority of that is in my own head. Savannah, is thrilled! She couldn't be more excited for her baby brother and asks me every day when he's coming! This is her baby, I'm just carrying him lol. She doesn't see it as losing any spot light. She sees it as adding a 2nd spot light. Which makes my heart so happy! 

I initially was worried about the age gap creating trouble between the 2 of them. But, I am finding Savannah is at that age where she can really appreciate what is happening. She talks about this baby to anyone willing to listen lol. She still calls him Arlo (😒) but knows he will be named  Nolan. At least, I think she does lol

This little girl is my sidekick. My heart my everything. She's always on my side, she's been so protective of me and the baby the entire pregnancy. She's my special jokester. My sassy yet sweet sour patch kid. She's just the best there is 
I sometimes worry our special relationship may change with adding a new little one to the mix. I know realistically, I have to split my attention between 2 instead of being able to give it all to 1. I want to do it right. I don't ever want her to feel replaced, or like she's not as special and important as she always has been!! I also want to build that same special bond with Nolan that I have with Savannah. I'm good with balance usually but, I still worry if I'll be able to balance exactly right so everyone wins! 

2nd time parents- how did you balance it so everyone was happy and felt specially loved?!

I had so many big plans spending our last bit of time as a family of 3 that we can't do now with me being on bed rest and the guilt is strong! 
So instead, we are making sure to get in extra cuddles, playing games and just special conversations in the mean time. 
My special amazing love bug! 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Clean 21 Day Fix Veggie Dip!

Juicing and the 21 Day Fix!

3 Day Shakeology Cleanse