Spicy Black Bean Burger Recipe!


As I have talked about before, I am still trying to get towards vegan. For the most part, I am pretty much vegetarian. Not too far from Vegan either. I don't eat meat or animals dairy products.. I do still however struggle with eggs. Working on it though!



With working on that, that also means I have to come up with new meatless recipes to try! We had bought morning star spicy black bean burger before and loved it!  The problem with that is 1. They aren't clean, full of artificial stuff. 2. They're expensive and you only get 4 in a box! So, I went hunting for a recipe to make my own!


These were so good!! Husband approved and kid approved! Savannah came down stairs while I was cooking and said "mm mommy, something sure smells good!" Lol and they did! Amazing! Very filling also and, only about 100 calories per patty!


What you'll need:

Can of black beans- drained
Corn (corn you make yourself preferable but, I only had canned on hand)
1/2 cup Rolled Oats
Onion 
1 egg
Cayenne pepper
Garlic powder 
Salt 
Pepper


This part is preference but, I preferred to add the 1/2 cup of oats in the food processor and process into a semi flour like consistency. If you prefer them in regular oat form you can keep them like that if you prefer. 


Add oats, black beans, onions, egg, spices to food processor and process to this consistency.

Then add in corn (to preference) and mix with a spoon. 

Spray cooking pan and cook on medium heat. Spoon pattys to pan and cook 5-6 minutes on each side or until cooked. 


Enjoy! They had an awesome flavor! For an added boost try adding in some tomato sauce of even some franks got ketchup!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Clean 21 Day Fix Veggie Dip!

Juicing and the 21 Day Fix!

3 Day Shakeology Cleanse