My Plans To Tackle Cold and Flu Season

As the cooler weather starts to move in something else moves in with it... Cold and Flu season! Bleh

If you follow me on facebook or instagram you probably saw we hit a big milestone in our family. Our little munchkin started PreK! Yes, I shed some tears over it. I am THAT mom.. and I am totally ok with that! She is our first and (at this time) only baby, this was a big adjustment for everyone! Savannah has never been in the care of anyone except family. She was in day care some as a baby but, only part time and I also worked there sooo... lol. Her first day of school came and went, she did amazing! She loves school and was so excited to get to go! Which puts me at ease knowing she is happy there during the day! 



With her being in school, I am aware that she will be exposed to many more germs and bugs than normally. That also means she will be bringing those germs and bugs home to Adam and I. I am not a germaphobe in general. I don't disinfect all the time and I don't constantly carry around hand sanitizer and gasp - we are sick far less than most people we know that do sanitize the heck out of everything. There is a good reason for that though!

We focus on health from the INSIDE not the outside. Meaning, instead of relying on lysol and hand sanitizer, we rely on healthy foods and vitamins. Natural ways of boosting immunity make such a difference! 

So, what are my plans for fighting off cold and flu season?

1. Healthy diets! Rich in protein, nuts, green leafy veggies, apples, berries and whole grains. All foods shown to help keep immunity strong!

2. Shakeology! Yep, we will all 3 be drinking shakeology to keep our system strong! There is something to be said about the natural superfoods of shakeology and the benefits to your health!

3. Vitamins! Savannah takes her children's gummy vitamins, I take a prenatal vitamin (no, not bc I am pregnant) and Adam takes ActiVit.

4. Good old fashioned proper hygiene. Hand washing with soap and warm water. Baths. Teeth brushing. Keeping anything the goes in your mouth or over your face clean. 

5. Sanitzing. Yes, I do sanitize some! Like toilets, door knobs, counter tops, kitchen tables etc. 

6. My occasional over the top germ moments- we will avoid gatherings etc when we know there has been sickness going around the group of people. Stomach bugs specifically.

7. Teaching Savannah to not eat or drink after others. Not to share anything that goes in the mouth or hats! 

Let me in what you all do to fight of sickness! Any tips I need to know about?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Clean 21 Day Fix Veggie Dip!

Juicing and the 21 Day Fix!

3 Day Shakeology Cleanse