Transformation Tuesday!


Transformation Tuesday! 

You may think my weight loss journey started last year but, it's actually been an on going struggle from way before I was even pregnant with Savannah. In fact, when I got pregnant with Savannah I was participating in a biggest loser competition at my job at the time because I had gained 20lbs (from top left picture). 

While I was pregnant I saw the scale tip to over 200. Not concerned knowing I would lose a good amount as soon as Savannah was born. I was right! I gained over 50lbs during my pregnancy and at 6 weeks postpartum I hung out at only 24lbs above pre pregnancy weight. I did weight watchers but, bc I was nursing I saw no change. I tried south beach diet, that was a joke. Lol Then I just stopped trying and before I knew it, I was back over 200.. But this time there was no baby. 

So, I again tried other "diets", calorie counting and going to the gym. I wasn't getting the results I wanted so, I once again, gave up! 1/2lb loss a week at over 200lbs just didn't keep me motivated. Looking back, I now know a loss is a loss. It's better than not losing or gaining! I should have been happy for any loss but, I was frustrated and I wanted something more than what I was getting. 

I had a turning point (I've talked about what it is before so, to spare you re readers, I'll move on)  and finally found myself on the right path. I started doing insanity workouts, I stopped counting calories and started counting chemicals, started drinking shakeology and stuck to it! I went on to complete Insanity, T25, turbo jam, and dabbled in 21 day fix and p90x3. 

Before I knew it, I lost all the weight I gained after Savannah was born but it didn't stop there. I went on to lose the "pregnancy weight" too! Wait wait.. Still doesn't stop there! I went on and got 25lbs BELOW my pre pregnancy weight! 

What was wrong with how I tried to lose weight before? 
Let me specify this is MY personal experience, this is how it worked for me and me only. Many people have different experiences and that's fabulous! This is just how it was for ME.

It's really simple! Doing calorie counting I looked at food for the lowest calories. I looked for was lowest, so I could have the most food in a day. This method didn't work because  1. It never kept me satisfied or full and 2. Didn't actually teach me how to eat healthy. It just taught me how to follow a number. But guess what? Not all calories are created equal! Not all foods are created equal. This method didn't teach me how to have a healthy relationship with food. Clean eating did! I ate HEALTHY (not low calorie, there's a difference between healthy and low calorie) I felt amazing and the scale dropped dramatically! 

Absolutely yes you can get results in the gym, I wasn't one of them! Why? Same reason tons of people don't get results at the gym... It's bc they don't go! Having to get a sitter (or paying even more on your membership to get childcare) then packing up and getting in the car, use gas, sit in traffic... By the time I would finally make it to the gym all I wanted to do was turn around and go back home. When I actually kept my motivation going enough to go in and work out, what did I always do? The treadmill or elliptical then the weight machines. Which is nice and will get you to start seeing results but, the same machines and the same routine after time will get you to a plateau. I wasn't a trainer or gym guru and I didn't know how use half of the equipment there to mix it up. That's when I turned to beachbody workouts.  Why beachbody home workouts work best for me? The convenience! I don't have to pay a membership, I don't have to spend money on gas and I don't have to worry about what to do with Savannah while I worked out. She could sit right on the couch coloring while got extremely effective workouts done in the comfort of my own living room. It was a HUGE time saver! There was no travel time, the workouts are created on a maximum results in maximum time idea so yes, I got cardio, core, arms and leg all done within a 30 minute workout! It just worked for me! 

This was a no brainer! This is what made sense, for me!

Again, I want you to take note of how many times I have said "for me". Not everyone likes what I like, I totally understand that! What's good for me may not be good for you. I'm just sharing my own experience with others who may be feeling the same way, may have the same struggles as me and are looking for a new way to help them get healthy, lose weight and feel good.
I know what it's like to be over weight, miserable and unhappy just waking up in the mornings. I know what its like to struggle with making changes, and finding whats right for me that work best for me. I didn't do this by luck, I did by hard work, consistence, and the open mind to switch it up when something just didn't fit for me.

If you are interested in more information, help, or just someone to chat struggles with, contact me! I love connecting with others!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Clean 21 Day Fix Veggie Dip!

Juicing and the 21 Day Fix!

3 Day Shakeology Cleanse