Resistance Band Safety

I don't know about you all but, I have always preferred weights to resistance bands. I just like the movement with weights better but also because resistance bands terrify me. I just picture a good snap whacking me in the face anytime I use them.

However, since I am doing P90 I don't have a choice in the matter. Several moves use resistance bands only. So, I had to get used to them and use them. Safety! 

You see, a couple months ago my husband (sorry babe, I'm calling ya out) was not using them correctly attached to a door. He pulled back and the bands came snapping out of the door and smacked him right in the chest. He had a huge bruised welt for days after that. 

They do make door attachments you can buy to use resistance on a door. There are also ways you can do it yourself to attach to the door.

The easiest way to it using a towel. What you do is fold the resistance band half, put the towel around it and then shut that in the door. Leaving you with safe and DIY yourself door attachment for resistance bands! We just used an old bleached up cleaning towel we wouldn't miss lol. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Clean 21 Day Fix Veggie Dip!

Juicing and the 21 Day Fix!

3 Day Shakeology Cleanse