Raw Juice Reboot

So, my husband and I attempted a raw juice reboot. The plan was for 5 days however, we made it 2.5 days. I am going to be honest, this is not for everyone. I absolutely love to juice, I replace 1 meal a day with juice as it is. To reboot is a little more difficult.

I do plan to give this another try in the future. I woke up the morning the reboot started coming down with a cold. I figured the micronutrients would help fight the cold off faster. Which I do think it definitely helped. However, already being sick, achey, weak and tired doing a reboot that also caused those same symptoms was a double whammy for me. I work 10.5 hours a day running a home day care, I had a hard enough time working when sick, add in the extra symptoms of re reboot.. It was a disaster.


Here's what I plan to do differently next time, take more time prepare. This was a last minute decision. I didn't take the time to wean off certain foods like the reboot suggested to do a week or 2 before starting. I will also start it on a Friday. The first day you don't notice many symptoms, so I would be fine to work during the day. Then I am off Saturday and Sunday so I don't have to worry about not having any energy or strength. By Monday again, I will be used to the feeling and be ok to finish out the reboot. 



I want to give this another whirl relatively soon. Within a month or 2! So, here are how our 2.5 days went..



The prep-
We followed the reboot with joe plan. (Joe from Fat Sick and Nearly Dead). We sat down and picked out juice recipes we wanted to use from the list provided. We then calculated how many of each fruit and veggie we would need. Which resulted in a shopping list that looked like this

You're probably thinking that looks a little crazy. What you need to know about me, I am cheap. Call it thrifty to sound better, whatever. I don't like to waste money. So I wanted to be sure I got exact what was needed. Sure we got some looks counting out all this and checking out with 40 cucumbers. It is what it is lol. The supplies for a 5 day reboot for 2 people was roughly $105. Which was surprisingly less than we expected. We expected close to $200 for it all. 

We then gathered Mason Jars with lids. Raw juice must be drank within 24 hours of making it because it oxidizes very quickly. I work from home so I was able to make mine as needed. Adam had to work so the morning before work, he made all his juices and put them in the mason jars with the lid to store it. To prevent oxidation as quickly he added some water to top of the jar to get as much air as possible out of it. 

The taste- the most important part for most, how did it Taste? That answer depends on the recipe! Lol I had been juicing regularly once a day for a while now, so I was used to the Taste of raw juice. It can take some time to grow on you. So someone who never juiced before that wants reboot, I recommend to start juicing a few weeks in advance to get used to it. 

For me. The green juices were my least favorite. They were bad, but I wouldn't classify them as good either lol. My favorite was the morning juice. Carrots, apples and lemons. I like the tart taste so it was satisfying to me! My second favorite was the only juice I forgot to get a picture of, purple passion. Red apple, purple grapes, and blueberries. That was the dessert juice only drank once a day at night. 

All in all, I enjoyed it minus the side effects. I do plan to try it again. Next time, I plan to finish the full 5 days, maybe even go 10 if I do really well ;) 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Clean 21 Day Fix Veggie Dip!

Juicing and the 21 Day Fix!

3 Day Shakeology Cleanse