Over night oats! Perfect summer breakfast!


Summer is rolling around so, I thought I would share with you all one of my favorite summer time breakfasts. I don't know about you all but, when it's hot out I don't want to eat anything hot. Generally, if it isn't in smoothie from I have no interest during summer months. Until I discovered overnight oats that is!



Oatmeal is extremely healthy on many levels but importantly, it keeps you full! Only problem with oatmeal is it's more of a winter meal. Well, get ready oatmeal lovers because you are in for a treat! 



What you will need:
Mason Jar with lid
1/2 cup Old fashioned rolled or steal cut oats
1/2 cup Almond milk (I prefer to use vanilla almond milk.) I have also seen folks use Greek yogurt instead of milk. Both work so it's really a matter of preference.
1 tsp of Chia Seeds
Whatever fruits or flavors you want to add



Pour 1/2 cup oats, 1/2 milk, 1 tsp chia seeds into mason jar. Put lid on and shake it up. Then add in whatever other toppings you like. A few slices strawberries makes an amazing oatmeal! My husband's favorite:
Add 1 TBSP of brown sugar and pure maple syrup. 


Once you add your toppings shake it up again and out in the fridge for 6-8 hours. Eat within 5 days of making. 



Get creative. You can make the classics like apple and cinnamon. Or, make a tropical oat with some mango, peaches, berries etc. Make it your own!



Make several up so you can just grab and go in the mornings! 



While, it may not be the prettiest looking oatmeal I can assure the Taste is addictive!!

Enjoy!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Clean 21 Day Fix Veggie Dip!

Juicing and the 21 Day Fix!

3 Day Shakeology Cleanse