Staying on track on the weekends!


I know the weekends are the hardest to stay on track! Especially when there are special occasions added into them. Like this past weekend with Mother's Day!





I will admit I too get lost in the weekend shuffle and sometimes make poor eating decisions. I do however pay for those decisions the next day! But, I have found several ways to beat those times or at least minimize the damage. Here are my weekend tips for staying on track and not ruining your week of good!




1. Don't skip your workouts!! I know I know, who wants to get up early on a Saturday to workout?! Not many people, me included. I do it anyway. If I don't have plans I will sleep in still and then do my workout whenever I get up. You just need to make sure you get them done! You are less likely to make poor choices in the kitchen when you do your workouts, also exercise is a natural appetite suppressant!




2. Have a plan! Plan your weekend! If you know you are going to hibachi for dinner one night (what up Mother's Day!) plan accordingly! I took the time on Saturday to look up calories and nutrition facts on what I was going to eat for dinner on Sunday. I then planned my other meals of the day accordingly so I didn't over eat calories. Took 5 minutes out of my weekend to plan my meals so I didn't ruin my progress! You can do it too!




3. Don't restrict yourself too much but, you need to compromise! One of our favorite Friday or Saturday night traditions is ordering a pizza and watching movies! Guess what?! We still do that! We do however order our pizza differently. Instead of regular crust with extra cheese and pepperoni (and in wonder how I used to weigh 220lbs...) we now order the thin crust veggie pizza. You may think that sounds un appealing but, I challnege you to really try it! It is amazing and we now prefer that over regular pizza anyday! You can have half of a thin crust veggie pizza for less calories and fat than 2 slices of regular pizza. Also, if you are planning a pizza night see number 2 in this list! Always always plan!




4. Keep water on hand! Weekends are busy and we tend to not hydrate ourselves properly when we are busy. So, counteract that problem by keeping water on you at all times. This not only will help you to stay hydrated it will also help to suppress your appetite!




5. Recover. Did everything I said in the 4 previous steps go out the window over the weekend? It happens. When it does, you need to recover from it! Up your workout the next day with some extra cardio. Drink extra water to help cleanse your body. Start your morning with a natural detox, warm lemon water. Drink it 30 minutes before breakfast. Have a cleanse day, all meals smoothies, juice, shakeology for a day or 2 or 3. Let your body recover from a weekend binge! Don't say "oh well I messed up and I'll start fresh Monday" say "man, I really messed up over the weekend so I am going to go twice as hard and twice as smart this week to recover from it".




You got this!!




Speaking of Mothers Day, I want to share my favorite picture from the day with you all! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Clean 21 Day Fix Veggie Dip!

Juicing and the 21 Day Fix!

3 Day Shakeology Cleanse