P90X3 week 1= complete



As we know, when one program ends a new one must begin. While I was incredibly sad to say goodbye to Shaun T for 90 days, I was pretty excited to start the new P90X3. The problem I have, I am creature of habit! It took me all week to come to gripes that I was no longer working out shaun T and repeating his lines like "and your focus begins now" lol. I now get the corny jokes and one liners from Tony Horton. One of my favorite Tony one liners-
"hands go cheek to cheek. You have 2 sets of cheeks"
Oh Tony...
I decided to follow the lean schedule while my husband is following the classic schedule. Since it is only 30 minutes a day, I am really trying to get up early to workout first thing in the morning. Anybody who knows me or has had the displeasure of seeing morning Ashley, knows mornings... are NOT my thing. lol. As I have said before, I am a night owl so mornings and myself do not get along! I have done pretty good with it, my body is still trying to get used to the morning..




You have to be able to laugh at yourself! lol
My thoughts  and what I learned on week 1-

-Oh my soreness! Shakeology helps with that but man, I am still feeling some soreness! Which is a good thing for me because I am hitting muscles that are weak and I am making them stronger!

-My upper body strength is a total joke. I can lunge all day long but please don't ask me to plank, or even worse... sphinx! So when Tony said "plank...sphinx... plank.. sphinx" I pretty much wanted to punch him. It was reminiscent of hearing "super man... banana" from the original P90X. It's cool though Tony, I know you only do this to better me. I just may not like you in the process of it lol.

 -Donkey Kicks= most comical move to ever watch me attempt

-This program is going to be no joke!

While I did not lose any weight this week (what up water retention) I did lose inches! I know, I know.. this entire fitness craze I am on all started to lose weight. I still have weight to lose, but I read this article by Chalene Johnson which makes A LOT of sense! So anyone starting a new fitness program and didn't see a lose, or even a gain the first weeks should read this article. I know the program is an amazing program so I am not letting a week of no weight loss get in the way!
I also cut my off this week. For the first time in 4 years I was able to cut my hair without fear of making my round face look rounder. It was a nice feeling! WIN.

Interesting in giving P90X3 a go? You can get it here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Clean 21 Day Fix Veggie Dip!

Juicing and the 21 Day Fix!

3 Day Shakeology Cleanse